How a reliable Internet plan supports your business
As a small business owner, you need an Internet provider that works just as hard as you do. With a reliable Internet connection, you can expand your online capabilities, help your teams collaborate seamlessly and reach business goals faster.
Find the best business Internet plan with these steps
To help you confidently pick the best Internet plan for your small business, follow these 5 steps.
Step 1. Learn about the types of connections in your area.
Depending on where your business is located, you may only be able to access certain Internet connections. The most common types of Internet connections include:
- Fibre : Offers lightning-fast speeds, dependable performance and high bandwidth. Fibre can support businesses of all sizes, but is typically more expensive than other connections. Dedicated fibre connections are available in limited locations and non-dedicated fibre connections are becoming more common.
- Cable: Widely accessible as data is transmitted through TV lines, but cable does not offer the same performance flexibility as fibre.
- Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) : Another widely accessible option as data is transmitted through telephone lines. DSL performs slower compared to fibre and cable.
- Satellite : Accessible everywhere thanks to telecom satellites, making it a strong option for rural areas. However, connections tend to have slower speeds and can be disrupted by bad weather.
Step 2. Discover what speed your business needs.
When it comes to picking connection speeds for your business, it’s not one-size-fits-all. The type of speed you need depends on factors such as the size of your team, the number of devices on the network and how the Internet will be used.
For example, a business with a team of 5 that mainly uses email to follow up with customers should be able to work well with 100 Mbps. However, a large business that depends on dozens of online tools and hosts multiple websites may need 500 Mbps or more.1
Step 3. Make a list of ideal packages and providers that can meet your needs.
Now that you have an idea of your business’s Internet needs, make a list of Internet providers and packages that can support your operations. For more information about choosing the right Internet provider, read our article.
Narrow down your choices to just one option per provider. For instance, you may only be interested in packages that offer speeds up to 500 Mbps, phone bundles and 24/7 customer service. In this case, you can cross off all packages that don’t meet your requirements from the list.
If an Internet provider doesn’t have an option to compare their packages, you can use online third-party resources like WhistleOut to help determine what’s best.
To compare Cogeco’s business Internet packages, try our online tool and view the features of up to 5 packages at once.
Step 4. Learn about a provider’s additional services.
To narrow down your list even further, reach out to the remaining business Internet providers on your list to ask about what other supplementary services they offer on top of a network connection. An ideal Internet provider will be able to provide you with information on:
- Customer service hours
- Local technician availability
- Security services
Step 5. Evaluate the success of your chosen business Internet service.
By now you likely have honed in on one Internet service business plan and provider. But the process isn’t over yet. Even after you signed a contract, reflect on how successful your chosen package has been before it’s time to renew. Review all your research from the previous steps to determine if the provider delivered on their promises.
If your Internet package is only slowing down your business instead of helping you reach your goals, it might be time to consider an upgrade or swap providers.
Finding a reliable business Internet plan is an investment in your business’s future. While the search for the best Internet service plan can be stressful, these 5 steps will help to make the process a breeze.